Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Year-end post 3

After Sundervan, I head to best buddy's. Christmas baking. For all the times I have drooled on food blogs, this is ironically the first I am trying to bake something. And today was mostly "assistantship" so to say. She had some strange lime cake in mind and we have managed to put together something that looks very very tempting in batter form. Everything ready and we discover the oven is out of order. BB's going to her neighbour's place to use their oven. Yours truly is using up the time to freeze the memory of her first baking.

I guess the party's already on...



Photo added on Jan 2, 2011

4 comments:

Gauri Gharpure said...

Hitchy says: SOME HOW your word verification on your blog doesnt allow me to comment...

so here it goes

geeeeeeeee ahmedabad se vaapsi mein a few crumbs to be dropped at bharuch !!!!!!!!!

hitchy !!!

(anyone else has probs with word verification???)

Gauri Gharpure said...

I say: Vaapsi tak?? Kal mujhe cake milegi ki nahi uski guarantee nahi!! I left when it was just taken out of oven. :(

YOSEE said...

Oven not working. Oh dear, thats a typical Murphy Moment ! .....hope the lime thing came out fine, after all ! Cheers !

Gauri Gharpure said...

Yose, I tasted the cake yesterday. It tasted pretty good, with the tang of lemon making it real appealing. But friend had a pre-set notion about how the cake should have turned out (like many things we expect in life) and was a little sullen. :D If you ask me, the baking was a success..